Monday 23 April 2012

Being a grandma to a baby girl is much better than being grandma to grandbeasts.. er..dogs.





Eva Marie is my first granddaughter. After her birth, my son turned to his dad and smiled proudly, "Dad, I think that this is the best thing that I have ever done."
Eva was sung to, talked to and loved while she was still in the womb. The first time she heard her parents' voices she turned and gazed them   


There is a whole new level of pride that  is opening up to me as a  grandparent. My son, who I nursed and rocked to sleep, is soothing his tiny daughter as he whispers softly and gently walks with her. His daughter's whole face lights up when she catches a glimpse of my son coming home from work. As he throws her up in the air, her mum like all mums, cringes slightly but Eva squeals with delight, trusting that her daddy will always keep her safe. I am proud of my son and my daughter-in-law. My heart swells with love as our family grows even  larger with three weddings this year. I am experiencing the blessings that come after the years of struggle and rejoicing in each and all of my nine kids, their five partners 
and now my first grandchild. 
Okay, okay.. I admit it. I am even thankful for my two grandbeasts er ...dogs . 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little girl! I love being a grandmother too! You have a lot to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes; You have a lot more experience than me!

    ReplyDelete