Wednesday 29 May 2013

Daily Prompt: Switcheroo

.If you could switch blogs with any blogger for a week, with whom would you switch and why?
How could I possibly step into another writer’s shoes and take over their blog for a week, especially if I had to assume the tone, voice and opinions of the author?  I suppose some people can imitate another writer and function as a ghost writer but I would fail miserably because I write intuitively, from my soul and almost subconsciously, not from my intellect alone. If I tried to copy another’s writing idiosyncrasies, the result would be stilted, boring drivel without any spark of life in it.
Writing on another blog would be like wearing another person’s clothes without alterations, leaving me feeling like a kid playing dress-up in a famous writer’s clothes or else like an adult writer pretending to be a kid writer. An even better analogy would be taking over a stranger’s home while they were on vacation and touching and using everything as if it were your own.  Such a disregard for another’s privacy is the greatest invasion. No, switching blogs for a week is not a good idea.
Every writer has a unique voice that stands on all the writers that have gone before him. Every writer assimilates what he has read and studied  combines this education with his own character and emotional make-up and life experiences to create a new writing style that is all his own. Viva la difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment