Monday 16 June 2014

Just Turn the Key and Open the Door

Change.
I am slowly, changing..
We all want to change. However if we want to change simply to please someone else or to fit in to society out of our own vanity, that is a false wish for a change.  I am not talking about the kind of exterior adaptation  which involves switching masks or, changing clothes, learning new tricks. No, the kind of change I long for is deep-seated and involves shedding phony masks and removing costumes, not putting on more layers.
To make drastic changes in my life means I must first deal with my interior issues. It means turning the key, and opening a door. Sometimes I open the door and darkness rushes out.  All those negative emotions were never meant to be stored in me in the first place. Yet they seemed so overwhelming that I kept the door shut and locked., Finally fed up, desperate to change and grow, I turn the key with foreboding.
Then surprise and relief.
A process larger than myself takes over
because I took the first step and
said yes to change and growth.
I now watch in amazement as
Light and Love
begin the transformation of bringing this part of my being back to life.
The result is a drastic change in my exterior life
but it is  really not  a violent wrenching.
I do not  force this change
because it happens automatically
and rises up from deep within me.
My true inner spirit,
slowly emerging from layers of mud
to rise up and take centre stage in my being.
I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment