Saturday 3 March 2012

What do you do with Ghosts?

Michael's father, a policeman, had given our family free tickets to a large three ring circus production. Of course after a few hours of flashing lights, loud music, breath taking suspense, excitment and cotton candy, all six kids were bouncing off the walls.
I didn't usually resort to the television to calm them down but I was desperate. Soon, they were all completely enthralled by a cartoon called "Ghost Busters". At that point, even though I had never let them watch this particular show, I was just happy that everyone seemed to be unwinding.
Not David though. He came barelling into the kitchen and yelled,
 "Mum, mum, you've got to see this show. These guys have a big gun and they just point it at a ghost and kaaboom, the ghost disappears!"
I sighed and said,
"David guns don't really work against ghosts."
David asked, "Well, what does?"
 I explained,
"You shouldn't try to deal with ghosts, just send them to Jesus."
 Dave paused for a moment and asked,
"So, what does He do with them?"
I laughed and said, "Honey, I really don't have a clue."
David said, immediately and I quote word for word,
"I know what He does. He takes them into Himself and fills them with His love." 

No comments:

Post a Comment