Monday 14 May 2012

A Pre- Schooler' Humourous Conclusions About God

I was preparing dinner one afternoon, when five year old David came running up to me with a serious look on his face. He was always full of good natured energy and mischief but he also had a delightful spirituality that was not taught but inborn.

 Once again, David had another theological question for me,
"Mum, does Mary live in my heart?"
I did some fast thinking. Heaven is within us and Mary is in heaven, I thought. So I answered,
"Yes sweetie, Mary is in your heart."
David sighed and concluded the discussion,
"I guess that means that God is in my feet."
I laughed silently to myself and thought that that was a very theologically correct concept since God is our foundation. I had no idea what went on in David's head after that answer  but I  soon found out.
 It was about a week later, when all the kids who were old enough (and one who wasn't really old enough), were playing hide and go seek.
When David's toe was pinched by a closet door he ran up to me again, this time he was sobbing. Although I tried to calm him down, while he sat on my knee, he wouldn't stop crying.
Finally I said, "David, you are going to be fine. There is no blood; you might get a little bruise but that is it."
"I know", he cried," but Jesus is in there!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment